Seed rotation therapy is a type of diet that involves consuming different types of seeds such as flax, pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds in a particular pattern at different times of the menstrual cycle. This therapy is beneficial to treat hormonal imbalances, fertility issues, and menstruation problems. This is great therapy.
Seed rotation therapy is a natural method of balancing hormones. Different type of seeds used in this therapy serves different nutritional properties and maintain a level of hormones at the right time of the menstruation cycle. This therapy is helpful for women of every age.
Seed rotation therapy :
1) follicular phase:
The follicular phase is for the first 14 days of the menstrual cycle. In this phase, more estrogen is required for strengthening the endometrium. During this phase, you should consume 1 teaspoon each of freshly ground flax seeds and pumpkin seeds.
2) luteal phase:
The second half of the cycle is called the luteal phase. It is from the 15-30th day. In this phase, progesterone is required to thicken the uterus lining and prepare for implantation. During this phase, you have to consume 1 teaspoon of each of the ground sunflower and sesame seeds until the first day of the next period cycle.
Hormones in a normal cycle
- During a normal menstruation cycle, the development of follicles in the ovaries occurs in the follicular phase. The lining of the uterus became thick with fluids and with nutrients designed to develop the embryo. If there is no fertilization of the egg occurs then the top layer of the endometrium shed and resulting in menstrual bleeding.
- After the follicular phase, the ovulatory phase begins. In this phase, the luteinizing hormone stimulates the dominant follicle to bulge from the surface of the ovary and rupture it, resulting in releasing the egg. This phase lasts from 16-32 hours. When the egg is released this period became over. The egg can be fertilized within 12 hours after release.
- The luteal phase begins after the ovulatory phase. It lasts for about 14 days and ends just before the menstrual period. In this phase, a structure called corpus luteum is formed and produces increased quantities of progesterone.
Reasons for hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance occurs because of certain types of health conditions, such as hypothyroidism, PCOS, over-exercising, underweight, or obesity.
It also occurs during menopause, which increases your risk of heart disease and osteoporosis.
Severe stress also causes hormonal imbalance in the body.
Environmental conditions and lifestyles also affect hormone production in the body.
How does seed rotation therapy help?
There is a compound called phytoestrogen is present in flax seeds. It can mimic the working of estrogen. So, the consumption of flax seeds during the follicular phase helps to increase or decrease estrogen levels.
And, zinc is present in pumpkin seeds which promotes the production of progesterone in the next phase of the cycle.
A type of polyphenol called lignan is present in sesame seeds which inhibits estrogen levels from increasing too much during the luteal phase.
Vitamin E in sunflower seeds increases progesterone levels in the body.
Other benefits of eating seeds:
Apart from seed rotation therapy, seeds should be consumed by everyone because they are super nutritious. They are a great source of dietary fiber, gives you good fats, maintain cholesterol level, prevents weight gain, and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Pumpkin seeds are high in saturated fats which help in proper body functioning.
Also, they are a great source of iron, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin K.
They help in maintaining energy levels and boost the testosterone level in the body.
Also known as “lin seeds”. These small seeds have lots of medicinal properties.
They are rich in Vitamin b complex, calcium, iron magnesium, manganese, omega-3-fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants.
They help reduce cholesterol and prevent heart diseases.
And, they also reduce the risk of cancer because they contain antioxidants.
Sesame seeds are a good source of calcium which helps in strengthening bones and improving muscle health.
They have high antioxidant properties.
Sunflower seeds are high in vitamin E which helps in muscle recovery after exercise and also prevents you from oxidative stress.
Also, they are rich in fiber, which helps you in weight loss by keeping you full for a longer time.
Being rich in good fat, selenium, and copper they support you for better heart health.
How to include seeds in your everyday routine?
- It is better to eat seeds raw and ground, especially for flax and sesame.
- 1-2 tablespoons of seeds are recommended every day.
- You can add seeds into smoothies, shakes, and pudding.
- Also, you can mix them with salads or soups.
- Homemade Seed butter is also a good option.
If you are struggling to shed weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here