Healthy recipe / M. Jhansi
Millet soup is truly comforting and the soup is fresh, creamy and rich that is perfect for enjoying before lunch or for a hearty dinner. Foxtail millet is a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, phosphorus and zinc. It is also gluten free, making it a great choice for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Health benefits of foxtail millet
Foxtail millet has a number of health benefits, incluing
Reduce the risk of heart disease
Foxtail millet is high in fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol levels an reduce the risk of heart disease.
Controls blood sugar levels :
Foxtail millet is a goo source of magnesium , which can help to regulate blood sugar level. this is especially beneficial for people with diabetes or prediabetes.
Promotes weight loss :
Foxtail millet is a low calorie foo that is high in fiber. this can help you to feel full an satisfied, which can lead to weight loss.
Improves digestion :
Foxtail millet is a goo source of fiber, which can help to improve digestion and prevent constipation.
Boost the immune system :
Foxtail millet is a goo source of antioxidants , which help to boost the immune system an fight off disease.
5 tsp of foxtail millet
½ mix veg [ cauliflower, carrot, beetroot and green peas]
2 medium sized onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp veg oil
To taste salt
As needed water
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp chili flakes
½ black pepper power
- Wash the millet 2 to 3 times and soak in water for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, chop the veggies and keep them aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and then put the minced garlic in it.
- Cook it till the raw smell has gone and the garlic becomes golden brown in color and the chopped onion in it and cook it. Till they became translucent.
- Then add the veggies in it and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add the millet along with water and salt in it and cover the lid.
- Cook it for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Then mash them and add remaining water, chili flakes and mixed herbs in it.
- When they start boiling then add the milk and black pepper powder and mix it well
- Again cook it for just 30 sec to 1 minute and switch off the flame.
- Now your foxtail millet veggies soup is ready to serve.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here