Sesame broccoli chickpea recipe is a great lunch or dinner meal option in case if you want to reduce weight. Chickpea is an extremely good and healthy source of vegetarian or vegan protein. And adding broccoli as well as sesame seeds will improve its nutrients and add upto its fibre content as well other trace micronutrients.
- Chickpeas/ kabuli chana – 1 cup
- Broccoli florets – 50g
- Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Onion finely chopped
- Tomatoes finely chopped
- Lemon Juice – 1 squeeze
- salt and pepper
- Green chilly ( to taste)
Steps to make the above recipe:
- Boil chickpea in a pressure cooker. Make sure to soak them overnight. Once the chickpeas are boiled, we can move ahead with preparing our vegetable mix.
- Lets take 1 onion, 1 medium sized tomato and 1 green chilly. Finely chop all of them and mix them in a bowl which has chickpea in it. Make sure to drain excess chickpea water from the boiled chickpeas. You can also use this water later to make chickpea soup.
- Add chopped coriander along with lemon juice. Now you can add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix of of this in the bowl and serve immediately for a good wholesome meal.
1 Bowl of sesame broccolli chickpea salad has
(61.5g net carbs)