Dahi wali roti is a soup-style breakfast that you can prepare from leftover chapatis, Dahi wali Roti is flavourful yet easy to prepare. This roti or curd roti is the most popular breakfast in the state of Gujarat. It is an easy and tasty recipe for a healthy breakfast made from Rotis from leftover roti from last night.
You will surely enjoy the refreshing flavour of buttermilk, balanced well with jiggery, spice powders, and an aromatic tempering. Just make sure that the buttermilk is whisked well, perhaps using a hand blender, so that there are no lumps to ruin the appearance and mouth-feel of this dish. Serve fresh with a peppy garnish of Coriander.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 4 minutes.
What are the ingredients needed for Dahi wali roti from leftover roti?
- 1 cup curds
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 5 leftover chapatis, torn into small pieces
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped jaggery
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Coriander
- 4-5 curry leaves
How to prepare Dahiwali roti from leftover roti?
- Firstly Heat the Oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Secondly, Combine curds with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add Curry leaves hing.
- Then Switch off the flame, add the curd-Water mixture, jaggery, chili powder, and Sal
- After Switch on the flame, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Then add Coriander, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Finally Serve Dahi wali roti immediately.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click
For more information click here