Avocado chips are perfect blend of crispy, Healthy and tasty option for snacking. They taste like guacamole in chip form. They are also gluten-free and low carb. Here is the easy recipe for these healthy chips.
This entire recipe contains 7gm protein and 4gm carbohydrate
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 325° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth. Stir in Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 – Place heaping teaspoon-size scoops of mixture on baking sheet, leaving about 3” apart between each scoop. Flatten each scoop to 3″ wide across with the back of a spoon or measuring cup. Bake until crisp and golden, about 25- 30 minutes, then let cool completely. Serve at room temperature.
- You will need to bake the avocado chips on parchment paper or silicone baking mats. This will ensure that your chips will easily come off once baked.
- The parmesan cheese is key to this recipe working. Do not reduce the amount of cheese used in this recipe. The cheese is what is allows these chips to crisp up.
- You also need to make sure the cheese is evenly spread across the batter. If you have portions of your chip that are just avocado and no cheese, then that part of your chip will not crisp up.
- Make sure to add lemon juice to the batter. When avocados are baked, they will start to develop a bitter flavor. The lemon masks the bitterness.
- Your chips need to be very thin to crisp up. I don’t recommend trying to make the chips thicker. You will need a longer baking time and the avocado will become very bitter with the longer baking time.
- You want to bake until the cheese is golden brown. This is when you know the chips are crispy. If you underbake the chips, they will still be green and soft. And If you bake them too long and the chips turn a dark brown, the cheese has burned and the chips will be bitter.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here