Rava dosai or sujji ka dosa is quick and popular variant of dosa from the South Indian dish.This is easy to make and require no grinding or fermentation.
It is quick and healthy dish,having a healthy nutritional balance.
1.Semolina/Rava -1 cup
2.Rice flour-1/2 cup
3. Buttermilk-1 cup
4.Onion-1 finely chopped
5.Coriander -2 tsp finely chopped
6.Green chilli-1 finely chopped
7.curry leaves-4-5 finely chopped
8.Ginger -1” grated
9.Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
10.Salt as needed
11.Coconut oil or sesame oil -1 tbsp
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup rava, ½ cup rice flour
- Now add 1 cup buttermilk, 1 tsp salt and 2½ cup water.
- whisk and mix well making sure there are no lumps.
- further add grated 1 chilli, 1 inch ginger, 1 tsp cumin, few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander and 1 onion.
- add 1½ cup water and prepare a watery consistency batter.
- rest the batter for 20 minutes making sure the rava has absorbed water.
- mix well making sure the batter is thin watery consistency.
- Heat a non stick dosa pan on medium flame.
- now carefully pour the dosa batter over very hot tawa
- lower the flame and cook until the dosa turns golden and crisp.
- Put few drops of oil on the top and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on one side.You will see the edges lifting off the pan.
- finally, fold the dosa and serve rava dosa immediately with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.
Nutritional Value Of Rava dosai-