Hyderabadi spot idli is very popular street food in Hyderabad and this spot idlis are different from regular ones .They are not steamed but cooked in frying pan with yummy delicious south indian masalas.
And originally this is done with rice and urad dal batter but can use sooji /rawa for more crispiness and spicy and this is also a good /healthy breakfast .
Basically the unique idli recipe is without a mould and takes no time to make.
PREP: 25 min
CUISINE: South Indian
COOK TIME: 10 min
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HYDERABADI SPOT IDLI
Idli is fermented food and fermentation increases bio-availability as well as minerals ,proteins, vitamin B .
Overall ,Idli packs a good punch of protein .
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 green chilli
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt( as needed)
- 1teaspoon karam podi masala
- 30 gms chopped coriander
- 1 cup idli batter
- Firstly, take a pan, pour oil and also sauté onion, garlic, green chilli and ginger.
- Now, simultaneously add chopped tomato with salt ,red chilli powder and karam podi masala accordingly.
- Now, cook shortly until tomato get mushy.
- Then, afterwards add idli batter over it and cook for 6 min and flip it and cover the other side also with batter and cook it again once
- Finally, serve , hot and garnish with coriander
- Occasionally, You can serve coconut chutney and fresh fresh whisked yogurt also.
- Don’t fry for longer time, otherwise it will get dry.
- Rather you can use black pepper powder for garnishing
|And other vitamins and mineral supplements|
- This soft puff of rice is a healthy treat due to its lightness and its nutritional content , those who are struggling to maintain weight ,a switch to fermented food like idli can help you avoid unnecessary calories .
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here