Kale and moong dal curry combine the earthy flavors of moong dal with the slightly bitter taste of kale, resulting in a nutritious and delicious vegan dish.
Additionally, the combination of moong dal and kale creates a satisfying and flavorful dish that packs a nutritional punch.
Furthermore, the moong dal provides a creamy and slightly nutty flavor, while the kale adds a slightly bitter and earthy taste. It typically features a warm and fragrant aroma thanks to the addition of cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala spices..
This hearty and healthy kale and moong dal curry can be enjoyed as a standalone meal or paired with rice or roti for a more balanced diet.
1 bunch of kale, finely chopped (discard the hard stalks)
1/4 cup yellow moong dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
Pinch of hing
1-2 halved red chillies (as per taste)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp amchur powder
1/2 tsp sugar or stevia
1-2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
2-3 tbsp water
Grated coconut for garnishing
Method to prepare kale moong dal curry
- To start, firstly finely chop the leaves of a bunch of kale and remove the hard stalks.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal, a pinch of hing, and halved red chillies to the pan.
- After mixing the ingredients well, add water and cover the kadai. The dish should be steamed on low flame, with occasional checks for water and to ensure the kale and moong dal are cooked.
- After the kale and moong dal are cooked, remove the lid from the pan and turn up the gas to medium-high to allow any remaining water to evaporate.
- Add sugar or stevia and amchur powder to the kadai and mix well.
- Garnish the curry with grated coconut and mix.
- Finally, switch off the gas and serve hot with roti or dal and rice
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here