Lets learn How to make Chhattisgarh Special Salga Bada recipe, which is a popular Indian dish that is made from Black split gram ( urad dal) along with other nutritious ingredients like coriander, tomatoes , onions and curd.
Here are the Nutritional benefits of Chhattisgarh special Salga Bada:
High in protein: Urad dal are curd are good sources of protein. One serving of Salga Bada (2-3 pieces) can provide around 8-10 grams of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body.
Rich in fiber: Salga Bada is also a good source of dietary fiber, which is important for digestive health. The dals used in the recipe are high in soluble and insoluble fiber, which can help regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation.
Probiotics : Curd is good source of probiotics . Probiotics improve our digestive health and gives us immunity boost and decrease inflammation.
Good vitamins and minerals source: Salga Bada contains several vitamins and minerals, thanks to the addition of nutrient-dense ingredients like curd, tomatoes , onions and coriander . Tomatoes are good source of potassium , vitamin C, and folate, Additionally coriander acts as a diuretic which can help flush extra sodium and helps with reduced blood pressure.
Curd helps us to fight with bad bactaria hence prevent infections and improve gut health.
All in all, Chhattisgarh special Salga Bada can be a nutritious option when consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Salt – according to taste
Red chilli powder -1/4 tsp
Ingredients for Kadhi :
curd – 2 cups
water – 2 cups
Methi dana- 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Hing -1 pinch
finely chopped green chillies-4
onion- 1 finely chopped
tomato – 1 chopped
cilantro – 1 tbsp
curry leaves- 8-10
red chilli pwd-1/2 tsp
coriander powder- 2 tsp
oil – 2tbsp
salt – according to taste
- soak urad dal for 4-6 hrs and then strain the extra water and grind it with salt and red chilli powder. Now whisk it to make the batter light.
- turn on flame and pour oil in kadhai , heat the oil and season it with methi dana, jeera, mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing. Afer 30 seconds add onion and green chilli.
- Add tomatoes and then cook it until it softens. Now add dry masala like turmeric , coriander powder, red chilli and salt. Now add dahi and water and besan ( dissolve in water) and Bring it to boil.
- Now add the balls of urad paste into boiling kadhi. Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Garnish it with chopped cilantro.
- Chhattisgarh special Salga bada is ready to serve. you can eat it as a snack or serve it with rice , rotis in main meals.
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here