Lauki Sabudana Kheer Recipe is a dessert recipe used for Iftar parties during Ramadan. This a delicious and a coolant dish which is made from lauki and sabudana pearls. Lauki Sabudana Kheer Recipe can be made all through the year and served as a festive dessert also. This is our family’s all time favorite dessert loaded with nutrition.
This recipe use a portion of Milk, grain, nuts and vegetable. This diversity of food group ensures better Gut biosis, improves gut lining and tops immunity scores.
Health Benefits of Lauki
1. Keeps the heart-healthy
If you have heart problems or you do not, both ways it’s beneficial to drink bottle gourd juice daily. Regular consumption of bottle gourd juice on an empty stomach in the morning helps to lower the blood cholesterol levels and maintain healthy heart functioning.
2. Stabilises the blood sugar level
Bottle gourd is very beneficial for diabetic patients as it helps to stabilise the blood sugar level and maintain blood pressure.
3. Cures stomach troubles
If you have constipation problems, it is good to have a bottle gourd juice as and when needed. The juice also treats diarrhoea. The water and the fibre content of bottle gourd helps to clean the digestive tract and allow easy bowel movement. To treat diarrhoea, you can drink bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt. It helps in maintaining the electrolyte balance of the body. Bottle gourd juice also helps in digestion.
4. Relieves stress
Bottle gourd contains choline, which is a type of neurotransmitter that helps to improve the functions of the brain and also prevents stress, depression and anxiety.
6. Excellent post-workout drink
Bottle gourd juice serves as a cool natural drink that can be taken post-workout as it contains natural sugar that helps in restoring the glucose levels. It also replaces the carbohydrates that are lost during the workout. Bottle gourd juice is also rich in protein that improves the efficiency of the muscles.
7. Helps in weight loss
Bottle gourd is quite beneficial in weight loss. It is loaded with fibre which helps to keep us full for a longer time. The vegetable is also low in calories with no fat. The veggie juice is prescribed in Ayurvedic medicines for flab reduction. Bottle gourd also contains vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, potassium, manganese, iron, and folate.
9. Skincare and protection
Bottle gourd cleanses the skin from inside and controls the release of oil on the face. As a result, it regulates acne breakouts caused by excessive sweating and oil generation in summer. It also cures other skin disorders.
Lets start with this easy recipe!!!
Serving size- 4 people
Cooking time – 30 mins
- 1/2 liter Milk
- 250 grams Bottle gourd (lauki) , grated
- 1/4 cup Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls) , soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tablespoon tender Coconut, grated
- 10 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds powdered
- Almonds (Badam) , to garnish
How to make Lauki Sabudana kheer recipe –
- To begin making Lauki Sabudana Kheer Recipe, wash sabudana and soak it in water for at least an hour. Meanwhile grate lauki/dudhi.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk to boil. And cook it properly.
- Now add soaked sabudana in milk and cook them completely till it become translucent.
- Stir the pan continuously.
- In a Pan while the sago/sabudana is cooking in milk, add the grated doodhi. (Press the doodhi and squeeze all the water before adding to the milk)
- Cook them on medium heat and stir them continuously.
- Now Add Grated coconut in this pan.
- Add few drops of stevia as per taste.
- Keep stirring and boil it on medium flame till the milk thickens very well. It might take about 20-25 mins till this stage.
- Boil till the milk thickens, cardamom powder continue cooking for 5 more minutes almost, on low heat.
- Garnish it with Almonds or pistachio (optional).
Enjoy this easy and healthy recipe with your meals!!!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information to click here