Peanut jaggery chikki is one of the most commonly available sweet in India during winters. You can easily get it at any grocery shop or a sweet shop. But the best part is, that you can make it at home, quickly and easily.
Peanut jaggery chikki is not only tasty but also nutritious. And you can even get the ingredients of this recipe very easily at any super market store or a grocery shop. You can even add more ingredients such as sesame seeds, other nuts, for instance almonds to the chikki as per your taste. In this article, I’ll be sharing with you the easiest and basic chikki recipe.
Do you know the benefits of peanuts and jaggery?
Peanuts are a rich source of protein, fiber and fats. When I say fats, I correspond to “good fats”. These kinds of fats are beneficial for lowering cholesterol and can be considered as heart healthy. They are rich in proteins, which we all know are the building blocks of our body. Peanuts are also a good source of magnesium, vitamin E and folate.
Though peanuts are healthy, but you should always consume them in moderation.
Jaggery as we all know is also known as “gur” is not only tasty but also healthy. Do you know that jaggery is a source of iron? Well, it contains iron and the best way to ensure iron absorption in body is to consume it with a source of Vitamin C. So, next time when you consume iron-rich source, make sure to have a vitamin C rich source with it.
Let’s get started with the recipe:
Preparation time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 15-20 pieces
Winters without peanut chikki and gajar ka halwa are incomplete! try out this super amazing recipe of low carb and low fat gajar ka halwa!
Ingredients to make peanut chikki:
Roasted peanuts: 1 cup
Jaggery: ¾ cup
Ghee: 1.5 tablespoon
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, take a non-stick aluminum kadhai and place it on the stove. To it, add jaggery and cook for about 2 minutes on high flame, while stirring continuously.
- Secondly, lower the flame and stir constantly for about 3-4 minutes. At this point, you’ll start noticing the formation of foam and a change in the color of jaggery.
- Thirdly, switch off the flame and stir continuously. To this, add roasted peanuts and ghee. Mix it well.
- Now, take a plate and grease it with ghee. Put the mixture on this plate and make it flat with the help of a ladle. Make sure that the surface becomes flat and not left uneven.
- Lastly, cut immediately into pieces and let it cool completely.
And your peanut jaggery chikki is ready! you can store it in a air-tight container.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here