A popular Indian stuffed flatbread made with whole wheat flour and filled with a mixture of grated paneer, spices, and other ingredients is Spinach paneer Lifafa.
Spinach, a leafy green vegetable, packs nutrients like iron, vitamins A and C, and folate.
In Spinach paneer lifafa, people fold the pastry around the filling to create an envelope or pouch, a term that originates from the Hindi language.
Additionally, with the use of simple ingredients, people can easily make it at home and incorporate paneer into their meals.
Moreover, it provides a great opportunity to savor the authentic taste of Indian street food within the cozy confines of one’s own home.
As a popular street food in India, Spinach paneer lifafa is often enjoyed with chutney, raita, or other traditional Indian sides.
- Grated paneer-1/4 cups
- Chopped and blanched spinach-1/2 cup
- Diced mozzarella cheese-1/2 cup
- Chopped onion-1/2 cup
- Chopped green chillies-one and half teaspoon
- Chopped coriander- 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala- 1 tsp
- Whole wheat flour dough
Instructions to make paneer lifafa:
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients one by one. Mix them well.
- Take a portion of the whole wheat flour dough and place it on a flat surface.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin to make a round roti.
- Place a portion of the mixture in the center of the rolled roti.
- Fold two opposite corners of the roti over the filling, overlapping them slightly.
- Apply a little whole wheat flour slurry using a brush.
- Fold the remaining two sides of the roti to make an envelope.
- Heat a tawa or flat griddle over medium-high heat.
- Subsequently, after placing the paratha on the tawa, cook both sides until they turn golden brown.
- After this, you can serve the delicious Spinach paneer lifafa with chutney or raita, and savor the authentic flavors of Indian cuisine.
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here