Moong dal kebab is a popular vegetarian snack in Indian cuisine.
Additionally, it is a popular vegetarian appetizer or snack that is made using moong dal and a blend of aromatic spices. This dish is packed with flavor and nutrition, making it a great choice for anyone looking for a healthy and delicious snack.
Moong dal kebab is not only delicious, but it is also nutritious. Firstly and foremost, moong dal is high in protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients that make it a great addition to a healthy diet.Futher, it is easy to digest and low in fat, making it a popular choice for health-conscious people.
Furthermore, moong dal kebab is an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients. In additional to its nutritional benefits, it is also low in fat and calories, making it a healthy snack option.
People can enjoy this dish on its own as a snack or appetizer, or as a side dish with a main course meal. They often serve it with chutney or sauce to add flavor.
Moreover, it is versatile in cooking and mild flavor make it a popular choice for a variety of dishes.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious snack option, moong dal kebab is worth trying!
Ingredients required for moong dal kebab
1-1\2 cup split moong dal
2 tbsp semolina
Two tbsp gram flour
2-3 tsp chopped coriander leaves
Two green chili chopped
2 tsp boiled green peas
2 tbsp french beans
1/4 carom seeds
1 tsp ginger-chilly paste
One tsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp oil
1\2 tsp sugar
1 tsp water
Salt to taste
1\2 tsp fruit salt or baking soda
1\4 tsp mustardseeds
1\2 tsp sesame seeds
5-7 curry leaves
1 dry red chillies
1\4 tsp asafoetida
- Firstly, soak moong dal in water for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain the water and grind the moong dal in a food processor to get a coarse, thick paste. Ensure that you do not add water while grinding.
- Next, mix moong dal paste, semolina, gram flour, and chopped green chili in a mixing bowl using your hands for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add asafoetida, freshly chopped coriander, grated carrot, boiled peas, carom seeds, ginger-chili paste, salt, and white sesame seeds to the mixture. Mix everything thoroughly to form a batter.
- To add moisture, add half a tablespoon of oil to the batter, followed by fruit salt and 1 tsp water. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, white sesame seeds, and one dry red chili, along with curry leaves.
- Pour the batter in the pan and cook both sides for 2-3 minutes on low flame until light brown.
- Flip the kebab and fry the other side until it becomes crispy.
For more recipes: Click here
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here