Bardoli ki khichdi is a dish from the district “bardoli” in Gujarat. Gujarat is famous for its countless mango-based dishes. This khichdi is one of them. Khichdi is one of the easiest and most healthy recipes. The combination of dal and rice gives us complete proteins which help in building muscle and recovery. Also, it is easy to digest so help in relieving digestive problem also. You can eat this khichdi with chutney, achar, curd, or raita. We can have this khichdi for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for Bardoli ki khichdi:
Rice – 2 cups
Toor dal -1.5cups
Green peas – 250 gm
Raw mango – 1
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
Onions chopped – 2
Ginger grated – ½ inches
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Coriander leaves chopped – 1-2 tbsp
- Firstly, soak lentils for 2 hours of cooking then drain.
- After that, heat the ghee in a thick-bottomed pot on medium flame.
- Then, add cumin seeds and fry for 2 minutes.
- After that, add onions, and sauté.
- Then, add chilies and ginger and fry until turns golden.
- Now, add asafoetida, lentils, and 2 cup water in it.
- After that, when the lentil gets cooked partially then add rice and water according to the consistency needed.
- After 10 minutes, add raw mango cubes and cook.
- Then, after 5 minutes, add peas and cook continuously.
- Finally, when rice and lentils are completely cooked then, add salt and chili powder and water as needed.
- Then, cook for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here