Tahini chickpea salad is the perfect lunch! Eat it with crunchy pita or Make a sandwich with it and pack it up for lunch at the office or school. Top a pile of greens with it and serve it as a salad. Place it in a bowl alongside crackers and cut veggies and serve it as a snack. This super easy recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Chickpeas are in trend these days….Why? Because they are compact with lots of nutrients like high in fiber, plenty of amazing vitamins and minerals, vegetarian protein, etc and they taste great so many different ways.
Now welcome this Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing!
If you love chickpeas, then this recipe is perfect for you. This salad is dressed with tahini dressing and then topped with crispy and smokey roasted chickpeas. So here you go my friends, my Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing!
- For CRISPY CHICKPEAS
- 200gm chickpeas, boiled, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- one tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups diced lettuce
- 1 roasted orange bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley/fresh coriander chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini (can use ready made)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the drained chickpeas with the olive oil, cumin, coriander, garlic cloves and salt. Place them on a sheet pan in a single layer, along with the bell pepper cut in quarters. Bake for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the lettuce, cabbage, onion and parsley/Coriander leaves uniformly for the salad and put them into a large bowl. Once the roasted bell peppers are cool, seed and chop and add to the salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining tahini, water, lemon, garlic powder, salt and honey and mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
Try this super versatile Salad at anytime of the day…
You can also try our other salad recipes like Traditional Greek salad bowl for weight loss
For more information click here
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here