Dal Murgh or Dal Chicken is a very tasty and healthy recipe for all health conscious People .Dal or lentils are dried, split pulses that do not need to be soaked before cooking in Indian cuisine. Certain regions in Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and India are the world’s largest producers of pulses. The term is also applied to a variety of soups made from these pulses.
Dal Chicken strikes the perfect balance between consuming a healthy dose of fiber-rich, nutritious lentils and satisfying desire for a cheeky bit of chicken.
Dal chicken tastes super awesome with Roti, Parathas and rice. Lets come over to the recipe…
- Chicken – 250 grams with bones
- Green Chilli – 2 slit
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yellow Moong Dal Or Masoor Dal 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Coriander leaves a handful finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste 1-2 tsp
- Onion 2 medium finely chopped
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder as per taste
- To begin making the Dal Chicken/Murgh Recipe, wash and soak the whole masoor dal or moong dal for 3-4 hours.
- Heat up a pressure cooker over medium heat with oil.
- Add ginger, garlic and saute until the raw smell goes away. Also Add half of the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Now Add turmeric powder, tomatoes, cumin powder, salt, dal of choice and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for about 5 whistle until the dal is done.
- Once the pressure has released naturally, open the cooker and use a masher to mash the dal. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the same pressure cooker with oil on medium heat, add remaining onions and saute until they turn translucent.
- Add the mashed dal and give it a good stir. Add remaining spice powders – garam masala, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add the add the cleaned and washed chicken pieces, adjust the seasoning, add about 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for about 2 whistle until the chicken is cooked. Turn off the flame. Allow the pressure to release naturally. Serve hot.
- Serve the Murgh Aur Masoor Dal Recipe along with steamed rice or phulka, Salad Recipes to make your complete meal rich and flavorful.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here