Yakhani is a basically a broth, it could be of Mutton, Beef or Chicken. Its a very easy and traditional dish of our family with two main ingredients mutton/chicken and yogurt/curd. Yakhani is basically a persian word.
In our family we generally make Yakhani in winters but I love yakhani so much that I can have it all around the year. This ia a simple winter recipe, perfect for anyone coming down with the flu. Warming, hearty and soothing, this recipe is well loved by everyone. Even beginners can master this recipe.
Yakhni is also soothing for anyone with a cold or a cough and is immensely nutritious, often considered a whole meal in itself. The calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and other minerals from the bones of the chicken are known to boost the immune system as well as being good for joint health.
In this article we will learn how to make a delicious Chicken Yakhani. Lets go on to the recipe !!
- 500 gm Chicken
- 2 medium finely sliced Onions
- 1 cup Thick blended Curd (There should be no lumps)
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Black Cardamom or Badi Elaichi
- 1- inch Cinnamon or Dalchini
- 750ml – 1 litre Water
- Wash the chicken thoroughly, keep it aside for 30 mins so that excess water can drain out.
- Heat up the pan on medium flame.
- Add the chicken and Water cook for 3-4 minutes until colour changes.
- Now Add the finely chopped onions
- Add the black cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, garlic paste, and ginger paste then simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Add the salt, black pepper, garam masala then cook the spices for 5-6 minutes
- Mix and then cover and cook for 1 hour on medium heat
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can enjoy your Yakhini as a soup or with Naan/Bread.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here