Soups are not only comforting but also tasty. On a winter day, all you need is a perfect bowl of soup that gives you warmth. There are many varieties of soups, but one of our favorite soup is mushroom and onion soup. Mushrooms and onions go really well together. And do you know, that mushrooms are a really good source of potassium?
Well, one can really never go wrong with this combination. And this soup is not only full-filling, but also nutritious. We have used whole wheat flour here, along with milk.
For vegetable stock, you can use your choice of vegetables such as bottle gourd, pumpkin, cabbage or beans.
It is an easy to make recipe that doesn’t take a lot of time.
Let’s get started with the recipe.
Ingredients to make mushroom onion soup:
Mushrooms: 1 cup (sliced)
Onion: 1 big (chopped)
Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
Salt: as required
Black pepper: ½ tsp
Red paprika- ¼ tsp
Vegetable stock: 1 cup
Whole wheat flour: 2 tablespoons
Milk: 2 cups
Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons (optional)
Also learn how to make Broccoli soup at home!
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, on a stove take a pan and add olive oil to it. Now, to this, add chopped onions. Cook the onions until golden brown.
- Secondly, Add a few tablespoons of water to it and cook the onions until they caramelize.
- Now, add mushroom, paprika, salt and black pepper to the pan. Lower the flame and sauté all the ingredients.
- Add the vegetable stock and cover the pan with a lid. Let the ingredients cook properly.
- Now, in a separate pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. To this add the wheat flour and mix it with oil to make a paste. Add milk to the mixture. Constantly stir the mixture and cook it until the sauce thickens.
- Finally, Once the sauce is thick with no lumps, add it to the mushroom mixture. Stir well and let it cook for about 1 minute.
Squeeze few drops of lemon and serve the soup hot!
Tip: if you don’t have olive oil, you can also use butter.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here