Soups are the best comfort foods in winter days. They give us warmth in cold winters. These soups can be prepared in less than thirty minutes and ready for us to enjoy their warmth and deliciousness. So here is Broccoli soup for you today.
Broccoli soup is green colored soup along with the sauteed onions and carrot. Broccoli is a great way to add iron in your diet and this soup is the perfect way to do that. It has a smooth and creamy texture, mouth-watering taste and fills your stomach.
Moreover, broccoli has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in protecting blood vessels from damaging as well. It is a good carb and is high in fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
Along with all these benefits, broccoli is also great for weight loss because it is rich in fiber. So, what are you waiting for, let’s start with the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for broccoli soup:
Broccoli- 1 floret
Onion, chopped- 1
Salt, as per taste
Oregano- 1/4 tsp
Black pepper, as per taste
Milk- 1/2 cup
All purpose flour-2 tbsp
Olive oil-1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, fill a pan with 3 to 3½ cups of water and add in 1/4 tsp of salt in it.
- Next, boil the water and after boiling, turn off the heat and add in chopped broccoli florets. Stir the water so the broccoli florets are immersed in water.
- Now, blanch the broccoli for 15 to 20 seconds and then drain all the water and set aside the broccoli florets.
- Now, heat1 tbsp of olive oil in the same pan or pot you blanched your broccoli in and add chopped onions and carrot. And saute them until they soften.
- Next, add 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour to the mixture and continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat.
- Now, it’s time to add the blanched broccoli to the soup mixture and mix everything well.
- Next, add 1 ½ cups of water or vegetable stock, and stir to mix it well and after stirring, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook about 6 to 7 minutes on low heat.
Tip: Don’t forget to check occasionally. When the broccoli becomes tender, turn the heat off and let it cool down for 1-2 minutes.
- When the soup mixture is still slightly hot or warm, use a hand blender to blend the soup until the texture is smooth.
- After blending is done, add slightly hot milk to the pureed soup and mix it thoroughly.
- Now, keep your pan on the stovetop and simmer the soup on a low heat.
- Next, add oregano or your choice of dried or fresh herbs and gently heat soup (do not boil) and stir it sometimes.
- Lastly, add salt and black pepper and mix it into the soup.
- Finally, pour the hot soup into serving bowls and garnish with broccoli florets.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here