Healthy Papad bites/Masala Papad is an easy and simple Indian snack recipe made with deep-fried papad and topped with spicy condiments. it is perhaps one of the popular snack or starter recipes ordered in most of the Indian restaurants before the meal. the toppings can vary and can have different types of vegetables, spices, and condiments snacks.
Papad bites/Masala Papad is good for your health and also provides you with several health benefits.it is even low in sugars, cholesterol, trans-fat, saturated fats, etc. papads were used with a meal as an accompaniment. Papads were mostly deep fried in fresh oil during winters and monsoons or kept it light by roasting it on open flame during summers. In few parts of the country, they are also garnished with fresh raw salad vegetables to enhance the taste and enjoyed as a mid-meal snack.
Ingredients to make Healthy Papad bites/Masala Papad-
Papad (dal based)
Chopped boiled potatoes
Method of preparing:
- Take a papad & cut it into shape of your choice. Then roast it on flame or tava.
- Chop onion, cucumber, tomato, coriander (little) & boil potato.
- Add lemon & spices to the above chopped items. Mix well.
- Now place those papads in plate & spread the chopped mix on them. Then sprinkle a bit of nylon sev on top of the dish.
- Serve it & enjoy !
- They are gluten free, low calorie, high protein, high fibre accompaniment or snack.
- Papad can be an appetizer for a healthy sumptuous meal.
- it acts as a digestive by enhancing the secretion of digestive enzymes .
- They promote the growth of good bacteria.
For more information click here
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here