Nachos are one of our favorite snacking options. When you don’t find something, opt for nachos. Because, not only they are really yummy, but also, they are nutritious. Here, I am talking about how to make nachos at home. Yes, you read it right, nachos can be easily made at home.
Have you ever wondered of combining different vegetables, a bit of cheese with nachos and then having them? Well, let me tell you, nacho-chaat tastes amazing! You can add different colors of vegetables to it and it looks so great.
You can either make a vegetable nacho chaat, where you simply add vegetables to the nachos, a bit of pepper and chaat masala along with few drops of fresh lemon juice. And toss everything up to make a chat-pata mix! Or you can make baked cheesy nachos. For this, all you need is your favorite vegetables, nachos and cheese. You put all of it in a baking tray, and bake it for around 5-10 minutes. And your super-delicious baked cheesy nachos are ready to serve!
Many of us like to munch on to nachos just with classic chutneys and masala or dips. So, you can also have these yummy homemade nachos with tomato chutney or green chutney. And a pro-tip: you can also add garlic to your chutneys to make it ultra-yummy!
You can either fry the nachos, or can bake them at home. In this recipe, I’ll be sharing with you to how to make baked nachos at home.
Let’s start with the recipe.
Baking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients to make homemade nachos:
Makai flour- 1 cup
Wheat flour- ¼ cup
Salt: as per taste
Baking soda: a pinch
Black pepper: a pinch
Oil- 2 tablespoons
Also, try out this amazing Pizza toast recipe!
Method of preparating nachos at home:
- Firstly, in a pan, boil water (to knead the dough). Make sure the water is hot while kneading the dough.
- Then, in a bowl, add makai flour, wheat flour, salt and black pepper. To this add black pepper and mix all the dry ingredients using a spatula or spoon.
- Further, add the hot water while mixing the ingredients. (Note: Be careful while adding and mixing the water and ingredients as the water will be hot).
- To this mixture, add oil and make a smooth dough. If the dough seems dry, add water accordingly.
- Meanwhile, keep the oven at preheat at 180˚C. Place a parchment paper on the baking tray.
- Then, divide the dough into portions and roll the dough by placing it between 2 parchment sheets. Furthermore, roll the dough into thin layers.
- Now, with the help of a knife, cut the layers into triangles and prick them with a fork. (make sure to prick the nachos, so that they don’t puff while baking).
- Lastly, bake the nachos in preheated oven at 180˚C for 20 minutes. Depending on the size of your oven, check the nachos, and bake them till they are crisp.
And finally, your crispy baked nachos are ready! You can serve them with your favorite dip or can make a chaat!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here