Beetroot raita is a very colorful and vibrant raita. It is a healthy and delicious raita that goes well with roti or rice. It is made with curd, grated beetroot and some seasoning with spices.
The lovely dark pink colored raita has a mildly sweet and tangy taste. This is very simple and also quick to make by grating the beetroot and onion.
Moreover, beetroot is a root vegetable which is a great source of potassium, dietary fiber, magnesium, vitamin C, iron, folate, manganese, and vitamin B6. On the other hand, curd is the good source of protein and calcium.
The raita tastes very different from the other raita varieties that we usually make. It is so flavorful, that you can simply eat it as is without any other dish.
Let’s dig into recipe!
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
- Curd- 1.5 cup
- Beetroot (grated)-1
- Onion (chopped)-1/2
- Coriander leaves-1 tbsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt, to taste
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, rinse the veggies thoroughly in water then peel them.
- Secondly, grate beetroot and chop onion and coriander leaves.
- Next, whisk curd in a bowl until smooth with the help of a whisker or fork if you don’t have a whisker at home.
- Now, add the finely chopped onions in the curd and the grated beetroot and mix the veggies with the curd.
- Next, add cumin powder and salt according to taste.
- Lastly, garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Finally, serve the beetroot raita with pulao, biryani or with dal and rice.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here