We all love potatoes. It’s now just because of the taste but also because of the goodness of carbohydrates and other nutrients such as potassium present in potatoes. Don’t you think that potatoes can be added to everything and can make anything super delicious? Well, have you ever wondered about adding curd to potatoes? This will definitely become your go-to option. Dahi aloo is not only simple to make but also super tasty. You can make it in the form of a gravy or just make semi-dry sabzi using this combination of ingredients.
Dahi aloo can be made by using different combinations of ingredients such as, you can add methi (dry or fresh leaves) to make it methi dahi aloo. You can make it semi-dry and add raw vegetables to make a salad out of it. In place of methi, you can add spinach and prepare palak dahi aloo. You can even make a simple sabzi using dahi, aloo, onions, green chilli, fresh coriander leaves and your favourite spices.
Potatoes are a rich source of potassium and curd on the other hand is rich in magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. This combination is loaded with nutrients and can be easily prepared at home with minimum ingredients.
Let’s get started with the recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients to make Dahi Aloo:
Potato: 3 kat. (peeled, boiled and diced in cubes)
Dahi (curd): 1 cup
Mustard seeds (rai)-¼ tsp
Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder-¼ tsp
Garam masala-½ tsp
Onion: 1 small (chopped)
Coriander leaves (chopped): handful (for garnishing)
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, in a bowl add curd and 1 tbsp of besan and whisk properly. Keep this mixture aside.
- Now, heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and hing. (you can add other dry spices such as cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon etc as per your taste). Sauté for a few seconds.
- Furthermore, add chopped onions to this tempering, and sauté well until golden brown. (you can also add garlic powder or chopped garlic at this point).
- Now, add the curd-besan mixture to the pan and mix everything together. Stir continuously and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Furthermore, add boiled potatoes to this mixture, and add salt. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, your dahi aloo is ready to serve. Garnish it with coriander leaves before serving!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here