Ever thought about giving the leftover rotis a makeover. If not, let’s try it now.
Rotis are the most popular as well as staple flatbreads in Indian households. And the chance of them being a leftover are very common. At times there are a bit too many and if this happens to millet-based rotis like Bajra roti, they become a bit drier. Also, none of us wants to chew through the dry rotis. So, let’s opt for an alternative. Bajra roti chivda comes forth as a tea time snack or a lunch as well as dinner special.
Moreover, this is a perfect way to not only eat something very delicious but also nutritious. A basic tempering of cumin and mustard seeds can make this dry roti into something outstanding. Why don’t you try this yourself and let’s us know how you like it? I can tell you for sure that you will enjoy this unique recipe and will crave for more!
If you are bored of your normal rotis then let’s give them a twist of deliciousness. So, let’s look into the recipes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Bajra rotis-4
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera)-1/2 tsp
- Hing, a pinch
- Curry leaves-10
- Onion, chopped-1
- Green chilli, chopped-1-2 (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped-1
- Coriander leaves, chopped-1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, shred the rotis and set them aside.
- Secondly, chop the onions, green chillies and also set them aside.
- Next, heat oil in frying pan and add the mustard seeds, hing and cumin seeds and also let them roast on medium heat till the mustard crackles.
- Now, add the chopped onions, curry leaves and saute well.
- Further, add the salt, red chilli powder and add the shredded rotis and saute well till the spices are well mixed.
- Finally, garnish with fresh chopped tomato and coriander leaves.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here