Khakhra with sprouted moong is an exciting and a unique combination of the classic Gujarati crushed khakhra and some sprouted green gram, flavoured with Indian spices. You can garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve this delicious dish immediately so the khakhras don’t get soggy!
You can use any khakhra such as whole wheat or millet for this dish which will make it equally delicious. Also, if you want to use vegetables of your choice, you can use them. And, the addition of lemon juice will be great for your taste buds and better absorption of nutrients.
This Gujarati recipe is not only wholesome and nutritious but also high protein recipe which tastes good and also light on the stomach. This dish can make a hearty meal for you. This is a great combination of crunchy and tangy. And, also healthy, tasty and filling for you. If you are looking for something different and delicious, then you should definitely try our Khakhra with sprouted moong. I am sure that you will be left stunned with it’s taste.
So, without any due, let’s jump to the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Moong Dal-1 cup
- Tomatoes, chopped-1/4 cup
- Cucumber, chopped-1/4 cup
- Onion, chopped-1/4 cup
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Khakra, brken into pieces-2
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped-2 tbsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, steam sprouted moong few minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop all the vegetables such as tomato, cucumber, onion.
- Next, take a bowl and mix all the chopped vegetables with steamed moong sprouts and khakhra.
- Further, toss it with lemon juice, salt, pepper and red chili powder.
- Finally, serve the khakhra with sprouted moong with coriander garnishing.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here