India is a diverse country and has a variety of tasty cuisine wherever we go and has a flavor that is very unique on its own. One of the cuisines which have a unique flavor and taste is Gujarati Cuisine which is nutritionally rich, delicious and has fewer spices in it. Dhokla with moong dal has a delicious flavor.
Traditionally, Gujarati dhokla is made with besan and sooji but this variation of dhokla is cooked using boiled moong sprouts and fruit salt (Eno) along with grated coconut which is used for the garnishing.
This is a recipe that is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a snack and breakfast as well. It is light on the stomach and nourishing at the same time.
I like this green dhokla for its ease and health benefits. Moong sprouts are a good source of many nutrients like protein, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
If you are a weight watcher or long to eat something healthy, this healthy sprouts dhokla is for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this easy recipe at home and enjoy it with your loved ones!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS for Dhokla with moong dal:
- 1 cup boiled sprouted moong
- 2 tsp fruit salt (Eno)
- 2 Tbsp refined oil
- 4 Tbsp gram flour (besan)
- salt as required
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (For Garnishing)
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Firstly to make this sprouted dhokla, add sprouted moong in a grinder and grind them to make a fine paste.
- Now, take a bowl and transfer the grinded mixture into it and after that add salt, besan along with the required amount of water. Whisk them well to make a thick batter.
- Afterwards, add fruit salt and water. Mix them well.
- Next, grease the dhokla maker with oil.
- Put the batter into a dhokla maker and steam for about 15 minutes till it is completely cooked.
- Finally, dhokla is ready, garnish it with grated coconut and cut it into your desired shape.
- At last, serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Pro tip: You can also temper this dhokla with green chilies, curry leaves, and asafoetida (hing) as per your taste and preference.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here