What is egg benedict ?
Eggs Benedict is a traditional American breakfast and brunch recipe that originated in New York City. It consists of an English muffin, cut in half, toasted, and topped with Canadian bacon, poached eggs, and classic French Hollandaise sauce. It’s decadent, rich, and satisfying. These days egg benedict is getting popularity around the world.
How to make perfect Poached eggs ?
Not everyone poaches eggs right on the first try. Or the second. If you’ve never made poached eggs before, they can take some practice. For a better chance of getting it right, try these tips.
- Start with the freshest eggs you can get. The older the eggs are, the more likely they are to fall apart in the simmering water.
- Make sure the water is barely simmering (with just a few bubbles appearing every now and then). If the water is at a full boil (lots of rapidly moving bubbles), the chances of the egg separating when it hits the water are greater.
- Don’t forget to add the vinegar to the water.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl before adding it to the water. Then gently slide the egg from the bowl into the simmering water.
- Time the poaching egg carefully. Four minutes should be just about right.
- Drain the poached eggs well. Hot tip: a stale piece of bread works even better than a paper towel.
Substitution for Canadian Bacon with Indian Twist
While Canadian bacon is the standard in eggs Benedict, it’s okay to buck tradition with these alternatives. And to make your recipe more palatable.
- Chicken Salami or Simple Chicken strip from breast. (Whatever is available to you)
- Fish Fillet (Thin slice)
- Sauteed Spinach
- Paneer Strips (Thin slices), can use grilled paneer/Tofu
- Smoked or canned Fish (whatever is available).
This Blender Hollandaise Sauce is really a breeze to make. But you do need to follow the recipe closely. Stick to these tips and you’ll be in good shape.
- Blend the egg yolks a full 30 seconds. Blending them for less time makes for a runnier sauce, plus it heats the eggs yolks a bit.
- Melt the butter gently, so it’s not hot and sputtering (this can cause the sauce to break).
- Add the butter in a slow, steady stream as the blender runs. Adding the butter too fast keeps the sauce from properly emulsifying.
- If the sauce is emulsified but too thin for your liking, pour it into the pot you melted the butter in and heat over low heat, whisking constantly until it gets more thickness.
Lets start with the Recipe!!
How to Make Eggs Benedict
PREP TIME : 5 mins
COOK TIME : 25 mins
TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
SERVINGS : 4 servings
- 8 slices Chicken/Paneer/Fish/Bacon and Ham (if you can eat these two options)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 English muffins Or can use Bread slice
- Butter 2 tsp
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or scallions (onion leaves) , for garnish
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (if using salted butter, omit the added salt)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon normal salt
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cook the bacon or Grill your paneer or You can use cooked shredded chicken or Chicken salami. Cook them properly and than remove from the pan.
- Make the Hollandaise sauce: To make blender Hollandaise, gently melt 10 tablespoons unsalted butter. Put 3 egg yolks, a tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender. Blend on medium to medium high speed for 30 full seconds (count or time it), until eggs lighten in color. Turn the blender down to lowest setting, slowly dribble in the hot melted butter, while continuing to blend. Taste for salt and acidity and add more salt or lemon juice to taste. Transfer it to a container you can use for pouring and set it on a warm—but not hot—place on or near the stovetop.
- Poach the eggs: Essentially, working one egg at a time you crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into the barely simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, you can slip in another egg, until you have all four cooking. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes. (Remember which egg went in first, you’ll want to take it out first.) When it comes time to remove the eggs, gently lift out with a slotted spoon.
- Now toast the English muffins: As soon as all the eggs are in the poaching water, begin toasting your English muffins.
- Assemble the eggs Benedict: To assemble, use one side of an English muffin. Top with 2 slices of Chicken/paneer/Bacon etc. You can trim the Slices to fit the muffin if you’d like. Put a poached egg on top of the slice, then pour some Hollandaise over. Sprinkle some parsley over it all and serve at once.
For Baked Egg Avocado recipe you can click on this link Baked Avocado Egg for Breakfast
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here