This roasted garlic tomato soup is packed with flavor and so rich and creamy! Incredibly simple to make, this soup is best paired with a buttery grilled cheese!
soup is made up of a combo of sweet onion, fresh cherry tomatoes and canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes. Roast the garlic as directed and mash it into the paste. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time:1 hour 35 minutes
What are the Ingredients need for Garlic Tomato soup.
- Tomato 8 medium
- Garlic 1 bulb
- Olive oil 2 + for drizzling
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Bay leaf 1
- Salt to taste
- Fresh thyme 2 sprigs
- Tomato puree 1/2 cup
- Fresh basil leaves 10-12 + to garnish
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- White bread slices 1
- Basil oil to drizzle
How to prepare garlic tomato soup?
- First cut tomatoes into big pieces. Then cut off a thin slice from the bottom of the garlic bulb.
- After that keep bowler tray pur drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt over it, place tomatoes the bowl in a hot oven and roast till well browned.
- Then Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a non-stick pan, add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped bay leaf and salt and mix it well and saute it .Till it properly cooked.
- Peel some of the garlic cloves and add to the pan, add the remaining bulb as it is.
- Then add thyme and 1 cup water and let it cook.
- Add tomato puree and mix.
- Then Add basil leaves, crushed peppercorns and mix. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or till the tomatoes become soft.
- When it Cool down then grind it to a puree with a little water. Pour the strained stock and the puree into the pan. Adjust salt and bring it to a boil.
- Finally pour the soup into soup bowls and serve piping hot garnished with basil leaves or basil oil.
lean to make Easy to make Bajra vegetable soup
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here