Eggplant is the perfect vessel for stuffing. The center bakes up so soft while the outside stays sturdy. Just toss the diced veggies, herbs and cheeses together, stuff the mushrooms and bake. So here is mushroom stuffed eggplant recipe for you.
The mushrooms are stuffed with fresh healthy veggies but the mushroom ‘bowls’ themselves are loaded with nutrition.
What are the ingredients need for Mushroom-Stuffed Eggplant?
- 1 medium eggplants or 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄2cup chopped onion
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 3garlic cloves, minced
- 2cups sliced mushrooms or 2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1tablespoon butter, softened
- 1cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon butter, melted
How to prepare Mushroom-Stuffed Eggplant?
- First Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Secondly halve the eggplant lengthwise.
- Then with a serrated spoon, scoop out pulp of eggplant, leaving about a 1/2″ shell.
- After that place shells on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 15minutes.
- While the eggplant shells are in oven, finely chop the eggplant pulp.
- Now take a pan on the over medium heat melt the butter. Then add eggplant pulp, onion, parsley, salt according to your taste, oregano, garlic and mushrooms. Also Cover and sauté, stirring after 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the eggplant pulp and mushroom are tender about 10 minutes or so.
- Then sprinkle in parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- After that turn oven down to 350°F Remove eggplant shells.Spoon mixture into eggplant shells.
- Then mix remaining half of breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over filled eggplant.
- Then place filled eggplant shells back in the oven bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Finally it is ready to sev hot yummy Mushroom-Stuffed Eggplant.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here