Easy to make hard fried scotch eggs recipe that is low carb, a complete meal, and can easily be made at home. As per definition, a scotch egg is a hard-boiled egg enclosed in sausage meat, rolled in breadcrumbs, and fried. Its highly nutritive and is also a low carb recipe option for you:
|One scotch egg (113g)
|978kJ / 235kcal
|1105kJ / 265kcal
Original recipe yields 4 servings:
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon english mustard
- 100 gm panko breadcrumbs
- black pepper as required
- 300 gm minced chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- salt as required
- 50 gm all purpose flour/gram flour/oats flour/almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon mace powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil or Air fyer to fry the scotch eggs
Method to Prepare scotch eggs:
- Step 1: To prepare this non-vegetarian recipe, boil the eggs first. Put a large pan on high flame and add water to it, bring it to a boil. After a boil, add six eggs to the pan and boil them for about 5 minutes. Once done, place them in ice-cold water, doing this will retain a runny yolk. Keep them in the cold water for at least 10 minutes. You can choose to extend your time of boiling to 10 mins in case if you wish to have your egg yolk fully boiled.
- Step 2: Now, prepare the mixture for coating the eggs. Take a large bowl and mix together the minced chicken, coriander leaves, parsley, rosemary, mace powder and English mustard. Season this with salt and pepper as per your taste. Knead it like a dough, until everything has been mixed well. Divide this mixture into 2-3 equal parts based on the number of eggs and size of your eggs nd keep them aside.
- Step 3: By now, the eggs will be easy to handle, peel them and keep them aside. Next, crack the remaining two raw eggs in a bowl with the milk and season with a little salt, beat them together until everything is mixed well. In another bowl, place the flour along with a little salt and pepper powder. You can choose multiple variety of flour like besan/gram flour/almond flour/ oats flour or a mixture of wholewheat flour/ atta with oats flour to make it more nutritious and healthy.
- Step 4: Take a portion of the minced chicken mixture and spread it with your fingers until it is large enough to encase a single egg. Make sure to spread the flour on your working space so that the chicken mixture doesn’t stick.
- Step 5: To assemble the eggs one by one, roll one egg on the flour bowl and place it at the centre of the flattened minced chicken mixture. Gently encase the egg so that it is covered completely with the minced chicken. Then dip this covered egg in the flour, and then the egg-milk mixture, and finally with the breadcrumbs. Repeat this procedure once again to ensure that the boiled egg inside won’t burst out open. Do this with the remaining eggs.
- Step 6: There are 2 ways to prepare the final egg. Either you can heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the scotch egg in medium heated oil/ghee. For keto lovers, you can fry it in ghee. For low carb/low fat lovers, you can air fry the eggs in air fryer and apply oil/ butter/ ghee in 2 sets in between while the eggs are getting air fryed. Once Fryed, cut them into 2 halves and served them either with half boiled egg yolk or fully boiled egg yolk to taste. Serve it with mint chutney or tomato chutney.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here