Spinach rice with paprika vegetables is a wholesome bowl loaded with goodness that is not only healthy but also tasty. This recipe is an answer to all your food cravings and brain storming searching for meal options. It is easy to make and a quick recipe.
You can modify this recipe according to your taste and preferences. More vegetables, the better the recipe. Choice of vegetables depends on you, but make sure to add a combination of colorful vegetables to make the dish more appealing.
Also learn how to make Thai Green Curry!
Let’s get started with the recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients to make Spinach rice with paprika vegetables
For Spinach rice:
Rice-4 cups (cooked)
Mint leaves-1 tbsp
Coriander leaves-1 tbsp
Red chili powder-¼ tsp
Lemon juice-1 tbsp
Black pepper powder-a pinch
For Paprika vegetables:
Baby corn- 1 cup
Onion- 1 big (diced)
Bell peppers-1 cup (diced)
Paneer-½ cup (cubes) (optional)
Red chili flakes-1 tbsp
Refined flour-2 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Black pepper powder-a pinch
Method of preparation:
To make Spinach rice:
- Firstly, boil water in a utensil and add washed and cleaned spinach leaves and salt for blanching. Keep the spinach leaves in boiling water for a few seconds and then wash them in cold water.
- Furthermore, add spinach leaves, green chilies, mint leaves and coriander leaves in a mixer grinder. Moreover, blend the mixture to make a smooth spinach puree. Once done, set aside.
- Now, heat oil in a non-stick wok on medium flame and add garlic and red chilli powder to it. Simmer for 1 minute and then add spinach puree to it. Cook for around 4-5 minutes.
- Immediately, add cooked rice to the wok along with black pepper powder and lemon juice. Mix the puree and rice gently together and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, your spinach rice is ready to serve!
To make paprika vegetables:
- Firstly, place a wok on medium heat and add oil, garlic and red chili flakes to it. Sauté for a few minutes and then add vegetables of your choice. Cook for 2-3 minutes with continuous stirring and add all the dry spices.
- Now, to prepare paprika sauce, in a saucepan melt 1 tbsp of butter and add refined flour slowly while stirring. Mix the flour with butter properly making sure that there are no lumps.
- Then, add milk in batches while stirring and cook until the sauce gets thick.
- Once the sauce is ready, add the sauce to the vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes while mixing the ingredients.
- Your paprika vegetables are ready to serve!
- Lastly, place a bowl of spinach rice and pour the paprika vegetables on it and serve hot!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here