Tamatar Makai nu Shaak is a vegan curry made of fire roasted tomatoes and sweet corn. Tomatoes and Corns are roasted on an open flame, charring them and adding a smoky flavor. The corn and tomatoes are pureed and cooked along with spices to make the base of the curry. And then pureed sweet corn is added for the slight sweetness and texture. You can also Add grated paneer in the dish to make it protein rich. Tamatar Makai nu shaak is vegan and gluten free. People from Jain community can also eat this as it has no onion garlic in it.
- 3 Tomatoes
- 100 gm Paneer
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1-2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Method of making Tamatar Makai nu Shaak –
1. Grill the whole tomatoes and Corn over an open gas flame until the skin is charred. Or grill the tomatoes and Corn in an oven for 20 mins. Turn them every 7-8 mins.
2. Allow the tomatoes to cool, then peel and puree them. Also peel the corn from cob and puree them. Add a little water to help the blending if required.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds
4. Once the cumin seeds brown slightly, add the diced tomatao and fry until it turns light brown
5. Now Add the tomato puree and add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
6. Cook until the oil separates or for 8-10 mins on low flame while stirring frequently. Now add corn paste and cook further for few minutes.
7. Add water to achieve the desired consistency and cook for another 2 mins
11. Add the salt, Grated paneer and few leftover kernels of corn and simmer for 5 min
12. Serve hot
Enjoy our Tamatar amaki nu shaak with different parathas or Roti!!
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here