Paneer Stuffed Parwal (Cottage Cheese Stuffed Pointed Gourd) is delicious and nutritious dish made from parwal and paneer. This side dish is easy and quick to make. Parwal is blanched and then stuffed with paneer filling and then sautéed. Some people find Parwal quite boring but trust me’ this Bharwan Parwal is quite unique in taste.
You may like to try our other similar recipes stuffed-paneer-moonglet
Ingredients for Paneer Stuffed Parwal
300 grams parwal (pointed gourd)
100 grams paneer crumbles
Medium size onion chopped fine
1 teaspoon ginger & garlic chopped fine (can use paste also)
2 small green chilli chopped fine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon dhania powder (coriander)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon haldi
½ teaspoon garam masala
Half teaspoon jeera powder
½ teaspoon jeera
Salt to taste
1+1 tablespoon oil
- Peel the parwal and blanch it. Make a slit and scrape out the flesh. Set aside.
- Heat 1spoon oil in a pan: add jeera, and then add ginger, garlic, chilli, onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all the dry masala, salt, paneer, lemon juice and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, add coriander and mix.
- Now stuff all the parwlas with this paneer mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan; transfer the parwals, add a pinch of salt and saute for a minute, cover with a lid with water on it and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Open the lid and saute on high heat for 1 minute.
Health benefits of Pointed Gourd
Pointed Gourds are good source of minerals and vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1 etc. They have very less calories. If you are trying for weight loss, then Pointed Gourds may become your best friend. Regular consumption of Pointed Gourds may help us to get rid of many diseases. Pointed Gourds help us in controlling cholesterol. They are full of fibre and helps to immune our digestive system. They are natural blood purifier and keeps our blood clean and healthy.
Health benefits of Paneer
Paneer is rich in calcium content, and calcium is known to strengthen both the teeth and bones. Apart from this, the intake of calcium also helps in the smooth functioning of the nervous system and the heart muscles stay healthy. Also
- It reduces the risk of cancer
- Build better bones and teeth.
- An essential component in weight loss programs.
- Aids in the normal functioning of the digestive system.
- Ideal food for diabetic patients.
- Building a strong immune system.
For more weight loss recipes: Click here
Hope you like this recipe.
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here