Peel of the peas is a very refreshing vegetable that can be used in a variety of recipes or eaten raw. So it is important not to throw them and make them clean. You can use it in various dishes. Try this green pea peel and potato recipe.
Peel of the peas is also full of potassium, which is an important mineral for maintaining a healthy heartbeat and kidney function, as well as playing a key role in muscle contraction.
Peel of the peas is rich in dietary fiber especially if you eat the peel. This Insoluble dietary fiber can help the good bacteria to develop in your digestive system, acting as a prebiotic. This helps keep your digestive system healthier and more efficient.
This high fiber plays an important role in weight reduction. Fiber helps make you feel fullness which keeps you from bingeing on other foods.
Prep Time : 11-15 minutes
Cook time : 30 minutes
Serve : 4
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Green Peas Peel and Potato Recipe
- Green peas peels 20-25
- Medium potatoes peeled 2
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Medium onions sliced 2
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Medium tomato 1
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger cut into thin strips to garnish
Method for making green pea peel and potato recipe:
1) Remove green pea peels and remove the thin skin from both sides. Further cut them into ½ inch pieces.
2) Heat oil in a non-stickpan.
3) Chopped the potatoes make it cut in two thin slice.
4) Add cumin seeds and onions to the pan and mix and saute for ½ minute. Till the onions become transparent. Now Add potatoes,salt and turmeric powder and mix and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
5) Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Cover and cook till the potatoes almost become soft.
6) Cut tomato make it smooth paste
7)Add green pea peels and saute it till it become soft. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder, mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
8)Add tomato paste into it and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
9)Transfer into a serving bowl. This nutrition recpie ready to eat.
Calories : 637 Kcal
Carbohydrates : 81.7 gm
Protein : 10.1 gm
Fat : 30.5 gm
Other : 10.4
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here