This Singhara Vegetable Chaat is very delicious. Singhara is also known as water chestnut is a low-calorie, fat-free fruit that is rich in antioxidants and is really healthy and nutritious. Here is one simple recipe that you can prepare in hardly 5 minutes to satiate your hunger guilt-free. You can munch on this chaat recipe during your fasts and can avoid oily and fried food.
You can, for instance use raw or boiled singhara, as per choice. In this recipe, we’ll be using raw singhara.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Serving: 1 bowl
Ingredients to make Singhara Vegetable Chaat:
To make singhara vegetable chaat you need:
Singhara (water chestnut): 5-6 pieces
Cucumber: ½ cup, finely chopped
Tomato: ½ cup, finely chopped
Pomegranate: ¼ cup
Coriander-mint chutney: 1 tsp
Sendha namak (rock salt): as needed
Lemon: to taste or optional
Also know how to make oats chila under 5 mins for healthy breakfast options. Oats chila recipe
Method of preparation:
1 Firstly, Peel the singhara, and cut them into pieces, and add into a bowl.
2Then, to the bowl, add finely chopped cucumber, tomato, and pomegranate. To this mixture immediately, add mint-coriander chutney, rock salt, and lemon to taste.
3 Lastly, Mix the mixture well and your Singhara vegetable chaat is ready. You can add more vegetables of your choice, and can also boil the singhara.
For boiling the singhara:
- You can boil the singharas in a pan, or in a pressure cooker. Which-ever option you prefer, just make sure to not boil singharas too much, because if they boil too much, they turn pulpy.
- To boil the singharas, firstly, place them into a pan and fill the pan with water till the singharas are covered.
- then, Boil on high flame for about 8-10 minutes and to check if singharas are boil properly, pass a knife through them. If it passes, they are perfectly boiled.
- Once the singharas are boil, remove from heat and strain them carefully.
- Let them cool and then peel them off.
Happy Navratri to All!!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here