Oats cheela are savoury and also nutritious pancakes made with oats, besan and Indian spices. These savoury pancakes are fluffy and crispy and are loved by kids and adults alike.
Traditionally, cheela are always known to be prepared with besan or chickpea flour but nowadays, there has been many variants of cheela recipes prepared with many other alternative ingredients. One of the famous cheela is oats cheela. It has become popular because of the usage of oats and its health aspects.
This cheela is different from your usual besan or suji cheela. It is soft in texture and has the taste and aroma that waters your mouth. You can even pack these in the tiffin box for your kids or adults as well. You can also serve these cheela with green chutney or coconut chutney.
So, let’s quickly look at the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Oats-1/2 cup
- Besan-1/2 cup
- Water, as needed
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
- Green chilli, finely chopped-2
- Jeera powder-1/2 tsp
- Onion, finely chopped-1/4 cup
- Tomato, finely chopped-1/4 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Oil-2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, take oats in a mixer or grinder and grind to a fine powder and take it out in a mixing bowl and add besan flour in it.
- Secondly, add turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, green chili, jeera powder, salt, onion, tomato and water and mix well forming thick flowing consistency chilla batter.
- Further, heat a tawa or a flat pan on a low flame and then spread a bit of oil on the tawa. Let the pan become medium hot. Then take a ladle full of the batter and pour on the pan.
- Also, begin to spread the batter gently with the ladle so that the cheela does not break and cook the cheela till it is golden brown from one side then flip the cheela and cook both sides pressing gently.
- Finally, serve this hot oats chilla with mint-coriander chutney.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here