Gujarati Methi Thepla recipe or methi na thepla – a Gujarati flatbread made from fenugreek leaves, whole wheat flour along some spices. This is a healthy snack recipe that is served with plain curd. Thepla is a perfect tea-time delight and can be prepared in just a few minutes if all the ingredients are in place!
Gujarati Methi Thepla recipe is one of the many comfort foods for Gujarati’s. it’s great to travel food like a baguette is to the French. You can eat it just about anywhere without any accompaniment and it gives you the satisfaction that you have actually had something substantial to eat.
Ingredients for Gujarati Methi Thepla :
(Serving – 4)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour.
- 1/4 bunch fenugreek leaves ( methi)
- 1/2 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- salt As required
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon kasoori methi powder
- 1 green chili
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1/3 cup and 2 teaspoon gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup water
- Take a clean bowl
- Add all-purpose flour, gram flour (besan), and spices such as green chili, kasoori methi powder, salt, ginger, and fresh fenugreek in it.
- Mix well all the ingredients
- Now add plain curd to it.
- then, add water to it and knead it into a soft dough. The dough is done.
- equally important, squeeze a little portion of the dough and roll it into a ball.
- Take whole wheat flour in a container.
- Dust the ball with some flour and prepare small balls from the dough and roll them into thin circles.
- Take a tawa and heat it on medium flame.
- Grease it with ghee or oil and cook the Thepla on tawa.
- Cook from both sides till it turns golden
- Serve it hot with some mint chutney or curd.
- This dish can also be served with Jalebi or kheer to give a twist of flavors to your taste buds.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here