5.2 Intermittent Fasting is also called The Fast Diet, is currently the most popular intermittent fasting diet.
The 5:2 diet gets its name because it involves eating regularly for 5 days of the week while drastically limiting caloric intake on the other 2 two days.
If a person regularly eats about 2,000 calories per day will eat 500 calories on fasting days for two days
How to do the 5.2 Intermittent Fasting?
Five days per week, you have to eat a normal diet. You can not eat junk food or preserved food.
Then, on the other two days, you reduce your calorie intake to a quarter of your daily needs.
- 500 calories per day for women.
- 600 calories per day for men.
It’s important to eat a “normal diet” so that does not affect our diet.
Do not eat junk food, if you eat junk food you won’t lose any weight, and you may even gain weight.
You should eat the same amount of food which you are consuming on normal days.
we should have a balanced diet.
The diet works by limiting your daily calorie intake to just 25 percent, but only for two days of the week, which still delivers results.
How does the 5.2 Intermittent Fasting work?
- For two days a week, you will eat only 500 calories for women and men-600. For the rest of the five days, you should have a normal diet. You should lose around 1.5lb a week.
- The two days when you are fasting try to eat normally on other days. Simply carry on with the plan, using 5:2 diet meal plans, so that you will achieve your goal.
- On the other days you eat normally, you should be aiming for around 2,000 calories a day,
- Your 500-calorie days will help to stabilize your insulin levels and hunger
- If we fast for any two days in a week at that time calories in taken will decrease result our body insulin level will fall down and
- body will use store fat in the body in this form fat used in the form of energy. Hence, we lose weight if we let our insulin levels go down, for long enough, we lose the burn fat.
Is the 5:2 diet healthy?
- Fans of the 5.2 Intermittent Fasting say that not only will it help you to lose weight but that it can increase lifespan and protect against diseases such as heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer.
- This fasting can have some side effects, dizziness, lack of energy, irritability, headaches, and trouble sleeping, so make sure you’re prepared for this kind of problem.
- “There are a number of laboratory studies that demonstrate this approach to calorie restriction can have beneficial effects on blood pressure, blood glucose, and cholesterol levels, and there is some limited data in humans also confirming these observations.’
- Says Clinical Nutritionist, Mike Wakeman. this diet is the most effective in weight loss and also helps the overall health of the person.
What time you should eat in 5.2 Intermittent Fasting?
- calorie restrictions are strict on the two days spent fasting, You can choose your day according to your preference. You have to restrict yourself up to 500 calories for that 2 days.
- You will need to be committed and strong-willed as you’re cutting your calorie intake by 3/4, but you will achieve what you want to achieve.
- We asked Clinical Nutritionist, Mike Wakeman, when is the best time to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He says; ’Researchers from the University of Alabama conducted a study looking at the effect of time of eating on the benefits of intermittent fasting.
- In the controlled eating scenario, all meals were fitted into an early eight-hour period of the day (7 am to 3 pm), or spread out over 12 hours (between 7 am and 7 pm).
What kind of diet need to take?
These food are low in fats.
- Natural yogurt with berries
- Cauliflower rice
- Lots of fresh vegetables
- Small portions of lean meat
- In this you have to consume 500 calories .you can split meal take this two time like lunch and dinner or in breakfast and dinner only. best way to eat little and throughout the day.
- “Essentially, eat a plant-based, Mediterranean-style diet with lots of fruit and vegetables, legumes such as beans and lentils, along with whole grains, and healthy fats and protein sources.
- According to says, Mike. “Eat refined grains and sugar need to be avoided.
- Avoid eating and snacking at night-time.
- Need to do physical activities alike Keep participate in exercise programs skipping, personalized, to enhance your metabolism and optimize the effect of your diet. This will help you to reduce weight and also your health.
- Consuming this good diet will make you more active and energetic thought the day.
In this diet, you need to drink as much water as, To keep you hydrated, and may help you to stave off hunger for a little longer.
- Black or herbal teas
- Black coffee
- Diet drinks
- Try our hot drink so that we do not gain weight
Can you exercise on a 5:2 diet?
- Research shows fasting has no negative effects on the ability to do a moderate activity. Even so, it’s important to listen to your body.
- Also, doing cardio or exercise can help your body tap into its fat stores, and maximize the benefit of your fasting days.
- High-intensity interval training could be your best choice, as short bursts of intense exercise have been shown to be hugely effective, with the fat burning lasting for hours after the workout is finished.
5:2 diet more effective for weight loss?
- One of the most common reasons for opting for the 5:2 diet help us lose weight.
- Some people may opt for the 5:2 diet just to eat a little healthier and manage their food better but losing weight on the 5:2 diet is quite common, if you follow it correctly.
- According to Clinical Nutritionist, Mike Wakeman, who stated: “‘So, the answer is yes,
- The 5:2 diet is effective for weight loss but probably no more so than other diets that involve calorie restriction.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here