Drumsticks leaves curry is made up of Moringa oleifera is a plant is also called the drumstick tree. This is a miracle tree. Moringa has been used for many years due to its medicinal properties and health benefits. It also has antifungal, antiviral, antidepressant, and anti-inflammatory properties. In Western countries, it dried leaves are sold as dietary supplements, in powder or capsule form.
Moringa helps in reducing the amount of glucose in the blood, as well as sugar and protein in the urine. This improved the hemoglobin levels and overall protein content in those tested. Evidence has shown that moringa extract can be effective in reducing and controlling weight gain. Its high vitamin B content helps with smooth and efficient digestion. This will assist the body when converting food into energy, as opposed to storing it as fat.
- Help in reducing weight gain
- Help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- Prevent inflammation
- help the body convert fats into energy
- reduce fatigue and improve energy levels
Superfood Moringa Dal (Instant Pot Method)
If you are looking to include Moringa in your diet then try this Indian vegetarian recipe.
Ingredients to make drumsticks leaves curry
- 300 gms Moringa leaves
- 500gram Potatoes
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4Tablespoon of ginger
- 4 tablespoon tomato chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Mustard Seeds
Method to prepare drumsticks leaves curry:
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed, mustard seeds and see it get the crackle. Now add red chill and then add urad dal and curry leaves and saute it.
- Then add chopped onion and green chilies saute it.
- Add half-boiled potatoes and add turmeric, salt, chili powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder and mix it well.
- Now add ginger, garlic paste and fry it. Sprinkle water and cover with the lid for 20 mins on medium flame.
- Add fresh Chopped drumstick leaves and mix them well.
- Cook it on a low flame for a few mins till the potatoes are roasted and eventually drumstick also.
- Also see that drumstick leave gets properly rotated.
- Now you can Serve the dish on a plate and it is ready to eat.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here