Malabari curry is also a south Indian recipe. This recipe is easy simple to make and full of nutrition. The flavour and combination of this curry is perfect. The flavour of coconut in this curry add richness in the malabari curry. This dish is made in Kerala and this is made with fish but alternative we have made is of vegetable.
Once you taste it, you would just fall in love with it! It tastes superb with Dosa , Paratha and Rice.
Today we have a fun curry recipe that most people have probably never tried that home vegetable malabari curry! It’s a South Indian dish that features flavors from whole spices, tamarind paste, curry leaves, ginger, and coconut milk.
What are the ingredient need for malabari curry?
- 2 medium tomatoes
- coconut oil, or ghee for frying
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- / 2 tablespone of ginger, peeled and diced finely
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 24 curry leaves, fresh or dried
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1½-2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½-1 tbsp tamarind paste
- l / 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ small cauliflower, divided into florets
- a handful of green flat beans, sliced thinly, on the diagonal
- 50 g resh spinach
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- approx. ¾ tsp fine sea salt,
- 2 tsp coconut
- 1 tablespone of toasted cashews,
- fresh coriander, to serve
How to prepare malaburry curry?
- Firstly peel your tomatoes and chopped roughly and blend it will form a smooth paste.
- Secondly that take a heat up 3 tbsp of oil in a large frying. Once the oil is hot, put mustard seeds, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds and ginger. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Then add diced garlic and onion to the pan. Fry gently until onion softens and turns dark golden.
- Then add all the dry spices to the pan and mix it well.
- Now add tomatoes paste to the pan.
- Also add tamarind puree to the curry. For the good taste.
- Then after few minute oil come out of pure the add salt according to your taste.
- Add about ¼ cup of water to the sauce and put cauliflower florets in the sauce. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 3 minutes and add sliced green beans and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk and allow the sauce to come to a simmer again.
- Finally drop in cooked chickpeas and fresh spinach. Allow spinach to wilt into the sauce. Check and adjust the seasoning.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil to temper the spices. Add remaining mustard seeds and curry leaves to the hot oil and fry for about 10 then tip tempered spices into the curry.
- Then toasted cashews and fresh coriander.
- Finally serve the malabari curry dish with rice.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here