Chicken Satay is great for an appetizer or a main dish. You can prep everything ahead of time, which is always great if you are having a party or want to have stuff ready before you get home from work. The chicken needs to marinate at least 2 hours, but you can let it marinate overnight if you want extra flavor.
Satay sauce usually includes peanut butter and soy sauce, but you can substitutes these recipes with almond butter too.
These satay recipe is easy to make and on the other hand delicious too. Do try them and let us know your experience..
- 750gm , skinless chicken breast, cut into ½” stripes
- wooden skewers
- For marinade
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter or Almond butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For sauce
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coconut milk/Almond milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of chili powder
Tip: You can use ready made Tahini Sauce available in market
- To make the marinade, place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes or 2 hours or overnight depending on your work and time.
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together until well combined and set aside.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Preheat a grill pan or normal pan over medium high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill pan with extra olive oil.
- Grill the chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and serve with sauce
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here
For more recipes: Click here