Hummus Toast is a quick and healthy breakfast recipe, snack recipe or appetiser recipe. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add your favourite toppings along with hummus on the toast. Some of the toppings which you can use are avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, herbs, spinach, sesame seeds, salmon, chicken and eggs. Hummus is also healthy food that can aid weight loss because of its protein, fats and carbohydrate components. The ingredients used to prepare hummus are rich in vitamin A and E, iron, fibre and antioxidants. Do try this recipe and let us know how it turned out to be. Here in this recipe we will go through a different and more healthier version of Hummus.
Health benefits –
- Avocado toast provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants . It’s also a good source of magnesium, potassium, and vitamin C. It contains a variety of phytonutrients, including tocopherols, carotenoids, phenolics, and phytosterols. These antioxidants are linked to heart health, eye health, and skin health
- Also avocados are high in healthy fats and fiber, an average portion size of avocado toast delivers the right number of calories to leave you full, but not too full. Fiber is known to aid in digestion and can aid in weight loss.
- Women who consumed avocado as part of their daily meal had a reduction in deeper visceral abdominal fat. An avocado a day could help redistribute belly fat in women toward a healthier profile, according to a new study from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and collaborators
WALNUT AND CARROT HUMMUS:
- 500gm of carrot
- 400gm fresh chickpeas (can also use processed chickpeas)
- 50gm of toasted walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Easy Tips for the preparation –
Tip 1: Toast the 1 cup sesame seeds. If you plan to toast the seeds, we recommend doing so on the stovetop and not in the oven. Sesame seeds are tiny and so they burn very easily. Over medium-low heat then stir constantly with a spoon until the seeds darken ever so slightly in color and become fragrant. When the sesame seeds have cooled, Put them into the bowl of our food processor, shut the lid then process until a crumbly paste begins to form. Add 3 – 4 tsp of neutral flavored oil and process into a smooth cream. To reach a similar consistency as store-bought, we’ve found 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil should do it. After more processing, a few stops to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and a little more processing after that, the tahini is done. Extra smooth and ready to use in whatever recipe you like.
Tip 2: To make it more convenient you can blend Chickpeas, Carrot, Walnut and Sesame seeds and other ingredients altogether. So you don’t need to add Tahini in it.
Tip 3: You can use ready made Tahini Sauce available in market in making this carrot hummus.
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- 2 Avocados
- Tomatoes slices
- Sprouts (optional)
- Toasted sesame
- Extra virgin olive oil
You can also use Cucumbers, Onion, Peppers on topping of the Toast. One can use any Veggies of choice depending upon the availability. And trust me taste will remain the same.
- Peel the carrots and cut into pieces about two centimeters thick. Put them into boil in a saucepan until cooked, around 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix the carrot with the chickpeas, tahini sauce, cumin, lemon juice, garlic, toasted walnuts and extra virgin olive oil. If the hummus gets thick, you can add some lemon juice. Put it in bowls and reserve until the serving time.
- Serve the whole wheat bread slices spreading the hummus and putting on the top 2 slices of avocado, tomatoes slices, alfa alfa sprouts (optional), toasted sesame and extra virgin olive oil.
Do try this recipe and let us know how it turned out to be!!! You can also try our EASY PEASY CUCUMBER SANDWICHES FOR TIFFIN BOX
For more information click here
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here