Spinach dumplings are healthy, delicious, and packed with iron and protein. These vegetarian dumplings can give you a feeling of eating meatballs. So, they are a vegetarian version if you wanted to avoid meat but crave it. Spinach is a powerhouse of essential vitamins like folic acid and vitamin A, which are essential for growth and vitality.
We will use the technique of steaming to cook these dumplings instead of frying them to avoid excess oil in them. So, it will help in making it a low-calorie dish. The rich green color of the dish makes it more appealing.
INGREDIENTS OF SPINACH DUMPLINGS:
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp besan
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp low-fat curd
- A pinch of asafoetida
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt as per taste
Method to make Spinach Dumplings:
Put spinach, chili paste, whole wheat flour, besan, curd, asafoetida, sugar, oil, and salt in a bowl and mix to form a dough.
Now make a round ball of equal proportion from the dough.
Arrange the dumplings on a steamer and steam for 7-8 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with your favorite chutney.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SPINACH:
- Spinach reduces high blood sugar, maintains sugar levels, and prevents cancer.
- It is also good for skin, hair, and eyes.
- Vitamin A, B, E, K, and C are present in spinach which promotes healthy skin and prevents premature aging and skin cancer.
- Minerals such as potassium, copper, zinc, and manganese are present in spinach. They help the body in regulating cell function, body fluids, and heart rate.
- Spinach is very helpful for treating iron deficiency anemia,
- It is anti-inflammatory and provides relief from arthritis, osteoarthritis, asthma, and migraines.
- Help in muscle growth by reducing stress on muscles.
- Strengthen the bone because of its calcium content.
- Spinach contains a good amount of fiber which helps in sugar absorption into the bloodstream and helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
Risk of eating too much spinach:
Consumption of too much spinach is also harmful because it can interfere with the body’s ability to absorb nutrients and can cause kidney stones and gout.
Digestive issues like gas, bloating and cramps can also be created because of eating too much spinach.
Hope you like the recipe.
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here