Creamed Brussels sprouts with garlic and parmesan is an easy and tender recipe. The perfect comfort food. At just 5.2g net carbs per serving these keto Brussels sprouts are keto-friendly and a sure fire way to eat more green vegetables.
You’ll find that creamed Brussels sprouts are usually served during the fall and winter months, as that’s typically when Brussels are in season. It’s the perfect side dish for chicken and other winter warmer dinners.
- 500gm Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 55 g cream cheese softened
- ½ cup pre-shredded/grated mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C/375°F. Remove the stems and loose leaves from your Brussels sprouts. Then cut then in half.
- Next, melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet or another oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. When the butter is melted mix in all the remaining ingredients except the parmesan cheese and Brussels sprouts.Mix until all the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in the cheese sauce until they are completely coated. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top then place the whole skillet in the oven.
- Cook uncovered on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes or until the sprouts are tender and the top is a golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here