Carrot and Tomato soup is proof that comfort can be both healthy and delicious. It’s also proof that you don’t always need to work so hard to get the most delicious flavors because sometimes all you need is some decent produce and maybe a little salt and pepper to spruce things up. Here in this article we are sharing a low FODMAP recipe of soup with you. Lets jump onto it.
Question which is generally asked by people – Can I Use Water Instead Of Stock?
Yes. However you should keep in mind that stock adds flavor. Using water instead of stock means you’ll probably need to add more seasoning to make up for it. Salt and pepper are your friends! If you feel like your soup is still missing something then add a splash of (gluten free) soy sauce. O r more easier way is to use Knor’s Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (3 g)ginger
- 500 gm carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch slices
- 650 gm tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large cooking pot, add the olive oil on a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and carrot. Sautee a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano and salt. Stir. Add the vegetable stock, bay leaf and nutritional yeast if using. Stir until fully mixed.
- Bring to a boil – cook for about 5 minutes, then reduce heat down to simmer. Cover and let simmer for another 20-25 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and fish out the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you don’t own an immersion blender you can can blend up the soup in batches using a blender. Just make sure to be careful when removing the blender lid and open away from your body.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hope you will like our recipe…
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here