If you love chicken, then you have to try this easy chicken kofta curry recipe. Once you try this Chicken Kofta Curry then there is no going back. This dish will become your favourite.
This chicken kofta curry is made with minced chicken, garlic-garlic paste, tomato puree, onion, and a perfect blend of Indian spices.
Furthermore, this delicious recipe of Chicken Kofta curry is one of the best kofta recipes that you can enjoy with chapati or rice. The aroma, taste and flavour of this curry is amazing. The chicken kofta balls are made from well seasoned and minced chicken breast. The koftas are so juicy and soft that when you take a bite, they instantly melts in your mouth. And the gravy they are prepared in is savoury and tangy which is a very refreshing taste for your taste buds.
Moreover, you can serve this curry for your lunch as well as dinner. So, let’s have a look at the recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- Chicken breast, minced-200 g
- Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tbsp
- Garlic, chopped-3-4
- Breadcrumbs (made with 2 breads)
- Egg, beaten-1
- Tomato puree-1 cup
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Mustard oil-2 tbsp
- Black pepper-1 tsp
- Curd-4 tbsp
- Onion, finely chopped-1/2 cup
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli-1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, to make the chicken kofta, take a bowl and mix the minced chicken breast with black pepper, salt and chopped garlic.
- Secondly, break the egg in an another bowl and beat it lightly. Now, add the egg and also fresh breadcrumbs to the chicken mix and mix well with your hands or spatula.
- Now, form the kofta of the desired size with your hands one by one and set it on a plate.
- Next, for pan frying kofta, heat 1 tbsp. oil on the pan and cook the kofta by moving them around till they are brown in color. And for baking kofta, preheat oven to 200 C or 390 F for few minutes and meanwhile brush your kofta and the baking tray with a little oil then bake for about 15-20 minutes till they are done and light brown color.
- Now, for the gravy, take a pan and heat oil in it and add onion, garlic-ginger paste and saute for 2-3 minutes and then add tomato puree, cumin and coriander powder in the pan.
- Furthermore, add red chilli and garam masala and keep cooking until the oil and masala separate from each other.
- Next, add curd to the masala in the pan and add some water to make a gravy and let it simmer over low heat to turn it into a thick gravy.
- Lastly, add the kofta balls to the gravy and let it cook for about 10-15 mins.
- Finally, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on top and enjoy this curry with your family!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here