Fara is a typical North Indian dish which is very popular in Uttar-Pradesh and you can make it using rice and dal. Fara is an authentic dish which is known to everyone in Uttar Pradesh. It is also made from nutritious chana dal and cooked by boiling or steaming.
Dal Fara is very healthy and nutritious as the chana dal is rich in protein and the cooking technique used is either steaming or boiling. You make this for lunch or dinner and serve it with green coriander chutney. You can also temper these fara with curry leaves and mustard seeds which give it some more flavors which you will completely relish.
Once you try dal fara recipe, you will surely like our methi muthia recipe! Methi muthia
So, without any due, let’s have a look at its recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minute
Cooking time: 25-30 minute
Total time: 30-45 minute
- Chana dal-1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour , or rice flour-1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder-1 tsp
- Hing, a pinch
- Garlic-green chili paste-1 tbsp
- Salt , as required
- Curry leaves-8-10
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, soak the chana dal overnight and then make a coarsely ground yet fine paste of this dal in a mixer grinder.
- Secondly, mix the dry masalas except jeera and hing, garlic-chili paste and salt as required and left it aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dough by adding rice flour/wheat flour, water and salt and knead it finely as well as evenly.
- Now, make thick puri out of the dough and add the dal paste on one side of the puri and fold it to the other side.
- Now, put the steamer or the cooker filled water on the stove and steam the fara about 20 to 30 minutes. After 20 to 30 minutes, when it is cooked, switch off the stove and allow the fara to cool down.
- Furthermore, for tempering, heat oil in a kadhai/wok and add jeera, curry leaves and hing. Let the jeera crackle and then add fara and also stir for a bit and garnish them with fresh coriander.
- Finally, serve Dal Fara with chutney of your choice.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here