Methi muthia are steamed dumplings made from gram flour, wheat flour and fenugreek leaves or methi. Muthia is made with steam so they are very less in fat. It is an nutritious and also a tasty recipe of Gujarat. You can serve it in the morning as well as in the evening as a snack.
You can make these muthias either with with steam or fry them or baked them. This recipe is for the steamed muthia which are tempered with generous amount of curry leaves, mustard seeds and sesame seeds. This tempering also enhances its taste. The flavor as well as texture of these muthias is just awesome in comparison to its fried counterpart.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s look at the recipe real quick!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Fenugreek leaves, finely chopped-1 cup
- Gram flour-1 cup
- Wheat flour-1/ cup
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garlic-ginger-green chili paste-1 tbsp
- Chilli powder-1/4 tsp (optional)
- Hing, a pinch
- Curd-2-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- tsp
- Curry leaves-4-5
- Green chili-1
- Sesame seeds- tbsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, mix together all the ingredients such as gram flour, semolina, fenugreek leaves, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, hing, ginger-garlic-green chili paste, curd, turmeric and oil and mix well.
- Secondly, take a spoonful mixture in your hands and knead into a soft long cylindrical balls. Repeat the process for each muthia.
- Furthermore, for steaming, place these balls in a steamer, or a metal colander which can be placed into a bigger saucepan with water in it. Steam for 20-25 minutes. Now, after a good steaming, remove the muthias from the stove and also slice them into 2-3 pieces.
- Lastly, take a pan and pour some oil in it. Next, add curry leaves, green chilli, mustard seeds, sesame seeds and roast them for 30 seconds. And then add the sliced muthias in the pan and mix them well.
- Finally, serve these muthias with chutney of your choice.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here