Quinoa with almonds and feta cheese is very easy recipe which can be prepared in just 30 minutes. Even a beginner can make it easily. It works great as a packed lunch for work or school. You can also serve it as a side dish with chicken. This is a low FODMAP recipe.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil / Seasme oil / Coconut Cold press oil
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 300g Quinoa, rinsed
- 50g toasted Almond flakes
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
TIP – You can also add Boiled Chickpeas and Kidney beans if you are not looking for low carbohydrate option.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the ground coriander and turmeric.
- Fry for about 1 minute to release the aromas.
- Add the quinoa and fry for another minute. The quinoa will make a light popping sound.
- Add the water, turn heat down, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the water has reduced completely, take off the heat. When the quinoa is cooked, a white halo will be visible around each grain.
- Cool slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix through.
- You can serve this hot or cold.
Enjoy your Quinoa with almonds and feta cheese 🙂
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
Hopefully you like our recipe. For more such information and recipes click here