Keto Rasmalai ? Yes you are right we are talking about rasmalai. Next question in your mind would be how’s that possible? Well, we are sure on the Keto diet, you are missing appealing desserts. So here we bring this amazing recipe of Keto Rasmalai.
Rasmalai is one of the most loved sweets in Indian weddings, parties, and festivals. Rasmalai is basically sweetened cheese added to sweetened and flavored milk and serve chilled.
The keto version of your favorite tries best to match up with the original version. And can be made easily at home for your special occasions and festivals. Lets try out this yummy recipe. You can also try our Keto halwa recipe.
- 1 Litre Milk high fat
- 2 ½ tbsps white vinegar or lemon juice
For Sugar syrup:
- 1-1.5 liters water
- 5-6 tbsps Erythritol + Monk fruit blend (or sweetener of your choice) Adjust according to your sweetener
For the Rabri:
- 500ml unsweetened almond coconut milk or plain almond milk
- ¼ cup table cream
- 4 tbsp Erythritol + Monk fruit blend (or sweetener of your choice) Adjust according to your sweetener
- 4 cardamom pods lightly crushed
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2-3 strands Saffron or 1/8th tsp of yellow food coloring
- 4-5 almonds chopped/crushed
To make Chenna/Paneer Discs:
- Bring your milk to a boil turn off the flame and add lemon juice and stir as the milk separates.
- Once separated, put in the paneer and whey, into a strainer/colander lined with a cheese or muslin cloth.
- Gently press out the liquid.
- Try and hang it from your kitchen sink tap to drip the rest of the whey for about 20minutes.
- Put the paneer on a plate or clean surface and start rubbing it really well to bring the crumbles together into a nice soft dough ball. This will require at least 10 minutes of rubbing. This is a very vital move for a soft and spongy chenna disc so don’t stop ahead of the 10minutes.
- Once done, make the individual balls out of the dough and flatten them into discs, they don’t need to be perfect the next step will even them out, and also this dish is quite forgiving. Set aside.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Add water and sweetener to the vessel.
- Taste to make sure it\’s not just watery sugar syrup and adjust your sweetener accordingly.
- Bring the syrup to a boil
- Add discs to the syrup, cover, and cook for about 15minutes. Check on them.
- Once they have doubled in size, use a slotted spoon to gently remove them from the syrup. Before discarding them, take a wooden spoon to Gently press the excess syrup out of the discs before setting down in a wide dish or bowl.
- Add the cream, almond milk, and sweetener to a heavy-bottomed saucepan with cardamon and saffron ( if available).
- If using food color save it for later.
- Bring the milk to a boil and add the almond extract (optional) and color if that what you are using.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Turn off the flame, let it cool for about 4-5minutes and when it\’s still warm pour the Rabri all over the discs.
- You want the discs to really soak and absorb all that yummy milk.
- Top with your almonds.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Your Keto Rasmalai is ready to serve 🙂
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here